Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Back Home Again For Gilad

I have never had as close a relationship to Israel as perhaps I should or even perhaps want to. Lots of barriers in the way for me including that I'm comfortable where I am, love my Sundays. The usual reasons that many reasonably call excuses. Add to that occasional confusion about Israeli politics and a general sorrow that the Palestinian-Israeli conflict has led many of my fellow Jews to make statements that are narrow-minded and racist.

But concerns for Gilad Shalit over the past 5 years, and joy upon his return home are unifying and beautiful. I feel connected and happy today.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very happy to see him free again too!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: The photo of your daughter and you is very cute! How she has grown!! I still remember the photos your dad showed me when she was just a little girl--I mean a very little girl:)
(I worked several years at the same place your dad did).

2:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home