Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Portland in Canada?

Today the following conversation actually took place between my husband and a FedEx employee:

"I need to send this to Portland, Oregon."
"Where?"
"Portland, Oregon."
"You need an international envelope."
"For Portland???"
"Is that in the country?"
"Yes. Oregon is under Washington. Above California."
"Ok, then you can use a domestic envelope. Wait, where did you say?"
"Oregon."
"Are you sure that's not international?"
"I'm very sure. You know California, right?"
"Yeah."
"It's above California."
"Is that in Canada?"
"No. It is definately in this country. Ever hear of the Portland
Trailblazers? We're close to Seattle. We
root for the Mariners?"
"I think I'm just missing something here."
"That's ok."

This was an employee of FEDEX international delivery service!!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Yaw, that sounds about right for FedEx!

I've had many an adventure with them myself, but my pal Louise had the best tale. While in Boston, she wanted to send a package back home to Co. Laois, Ireland. Weeks later, it still hadn't arrived. After much inquiry, FedEx were able to report it had been delivered...

All the way to Laos.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home