Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, October 21, 2005

Boredom Resolved

Took my bike out on its first spin in New Jersey. We (me and the bike) clocked ourselves at about 15 minutes plus to the Tenafly Nature Center (See "Guest What Happened to Me" in August 2005. Don't feel like linking right now.) where I volunteer every other Sunday. Then went to the farmer's market, but sadly, all their parsnips got rained out in the storm two weeks ago. We'll have a parsnip-less soup this Shabbos.

Doing nothing is way more interesting on a bike, and once home again I was raring to go and now feel like I don't have enough time today at all.

As for boredom... and how much I'll wish I was bored again once work starts again... I'm a naturally obsessive person and always am struggling with the following paradox:

Life is too precious to waste a minute.
Life is too precious to worry about whether or not I'm wasting any minutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home