Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, October 10, 2005

Disasters

It's so disturbing that there have been so many disasters lately. Katrina, Rita, now the earthquake in Pakistan. I've got a friend there with whom I'm not sure how and when I should try to make contact. She's a hard person to reach anyway and I'm reluctant to flood phone lines.

Now this. And while a fire in an animation studio is nothing compared to lost lives, there's something deeply saddening about it anyway. The Wallace and Gromit movie was just making me so happy just a day ago, and within less than 24 hours, all the THINGS that hold their history have been destroyed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange...or maybe not. I had the same reaction. The warehouse fire seemed to outweigh the Asian earthquake, etc. for me, then I realized...Wallace and Gromit have always seemed to counterbalance all those sad things that happen in the world.
So we saw the movie yesterday, sad about the warehouse, but glad to know that it was only the past things, that W&G will live on.
...maxheadwind, who has misplaced his password

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

My entry was partly in reaction to the email you sent me.

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home