Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Enjoy The Silence

For better or for worse we recently discovered the addictive wonder if iTunes. (You can be very proud of me that so far I've purchased only one song and one album despite temptation.

The song I bought was "Enjoy The Silence" by Depeche Mode. I've always been very fond of that song and also of the video of the king wandering around looking for a nice place to sit. (This link plays only part of the song.)

In my search for the video I came upon this more recent version which utterly fascinates me. I'm not sure what's going on in it. (That's part of the beauty of music videos.) Partly I just really like the animation of the people moving. But the tense situation such as it's built up in the beginning seems to literally blossom into something liberating.

I suppose the neverending sound of the music (it just trails off) is another thing that leaves sort of a sense of longing.

What do you think?

Oh yes, and we've been watching a lot of little web videos in this household recently and I just don't see how anyone can exist another minute without watching Matrix Table Tennis or without feeling proud to witness poetic justice.

(Please ignore the obnoxious additional stuff on the website.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love iTunes. I loved it even more after receiving a $50 gift certificate for a speaking engagement. :)

3:03 PM

 
Blogger Evenewra said...

Money does help one like things, doesn't it?

3:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a time, anyway.

11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home