Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, January 23, 2006

No Idea

Today was FABULOUS! I'm in Portland and have spent the day visiting people. (Tomorrow is just for me and my mom.) One of the most important visits was with my meditation teacher and very dear friend. I actually got to sit in on one of her classes today. There was an older woman there who asked what I do. I told her I teach but that I also write. I complained about not having enough time to write.

She said, "You have will have so much time later in your life to do that. You have no idea how much time you have."

She of course doesn't know that just two and a half years ago when I was battling cancer I really did have NO IDEA how much time I had.

"No one knows how much time they have," I said and laughed really hard. My teacher/friend understood exactly what I meant and laughed too.

This and other visits today, besides being fun and wonderful and loving, reminded me how fortunate I am to still be alive.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad this visit is working so well for you!! Just wish there was some way you could get to Vancouver :(

6:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh me too me too!

We already leave tomorrow. :(

8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home