Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Music

I've been doing an excellent job avoiding music during the omer, not too aggressively, but somewhat effectively nonetheless. A musician friend of mine just sent me a song which, first of all, made me feel very wistful and sad... (I guess the truth is I was already sort of in an intense mood... the music just reflected it back to me.) But secondly, I realize how much I'm craving music now. Looking forward to the concert on Sunday which happens to also be on Lag B'Omer... the concert is woodwinds in one of the local nature preserves, Flat Rock Brook.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

I bought a cd during the first week of the omer, then realized I couldn't listen to it. Firstly, because my ears were so plugged up from the sinus infection that it hurt to listen to music, then I remembered I was in the Omer! Finally(!) listened to it today! Most satisfying.

That's the hardest thing for me during the omer, is the limitations on music.

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home