Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Seder Menu

So we did it... two successful seders this year. The first included a group of guests, as well as my parents and immediate family. The second was just the latter.

What we had to eat... way too much:

-About 3 pans of chicken (some with marsala and some with duck sauce. U. did this as I won't cook meat myself, and in fact we don't even have meat dishes the rest of the year)
-2 pounds of salmon
-2 pounds of carrots in a lemon-ginger carrot salad
-a pan full of roasted potatoes
-matzo ball soup, with parve chicken broth
-an enormous store-bought broccoli kugel
-2 meatloaves from a guest
-2 casseroles from the same guest
-ratatouille

Nut-free charoset because I'm now allergic to nuts and uncooked apples and pears:
-about 3 apples and 3 pears, baked first in the oven
and
-two handfuls of dates
all ground up together in the food processor with marsala and then mixed with
-raisins left whole
It was very good.

We still have quite a bit of this left over and I never even made the squash I bought to make honey lemon squash or cucumbers I bought for a dill-cucumber salad. I don't think I'll have to cook for Shabbat.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home