Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, May 10, 2010

What if?

In the middle of yoga today I suddenly remembered very tangibly visiting a Bais Yaacov in Queens where I applied for a job before moving here. I remember seeing a group of girls outside with a teacher exploring a small group of trees and bushes and writing. I was touched to see them finding nature even in the middle of the city.

I was offered the job there, but only part time, so barely considered taking it. I also remember feeling very self-conscious that it could never quite be my community religiously. All the same, I was impressed with what they were doing in the school.

I wonder if I remembered it since I was there during this time of year, close to Memorial Day weekend. 


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home