Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, June 15, 2012

Penance

When I was in elementary school I remember driving back for several hours from a week away at a camp with my classmates, probably in Eastern Oregon. I don't know who was driving the car, but I do remember singing really loud and getting my friends to sing too. "Stop! In the name of_____" and instead of love we would insert anything we felt like -- popcorn, stop sign, Honda. We did this for a very very very long time.

Today was ND's last day of school. She was very excited and managed to sing "Dovid Melekh Yisroel" at the top of her lungs from the moment we left our driveway at 7:30 to the time we arrived in the school parking lot just around 8.

It's not a complete penance, but it's the beginning, I suppose. I don't know if it makes things too uneven if I say I actually rather enjoyed the experience in a twisted and masochistic sort of way.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home