Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, February 03, 2017

Action #10: Write to Democratic Party with suggestion/advice

Here's what I wrote:

Hi,

Like many of my Democratic friends, I'm dutifully following through with calls to action being proposed right now. Many of these actions involve calling my senators who happen to be Democrats. I'm wondering if it would be better for me to be calling Republicans instead. Do you have suggestions you can send out to people like me of whom to call and what to say? In particular I'm very concerned about the ways that rules of how senate votes are supposed to be taking place have been bent or broken again and again since Obama's time in office.

I want to tell these Republican senators, especially those who are more moderate, to play fair, that their integrity depends on it.

I feel like I don't have the language to say this effectively. Can you help me? Can you help all of us who are becoming as active as we can in the midst of our busy lives?

Thank you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home