Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Waltham

I haven't written in awhile. It's been a busy and sort of difficult week. I'm not going into too many details here. Adjustments are hard.

The highlight, though, was seeing a very dear friend of mine in Waltham, MA, near Boston. So now, throughout my life I've been in:

Arizona
California
Connecticut
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Massachussetts
Montana
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Dakota
Texas
Washington
Wisconsin
and Wyoming

20 down and 30 to go.*

This doesn't include anything out of the U.S. of course including British Columbia, Canada, several cities in Poland, London, Amsterdam and a few other areas in the Netherlands, Dublin, and Israel.

Not bad.

As for Waltham... I had a great time with my friend, her husband and their two cats. None of whom are Jewish, including the cats. The only reason that is relevant is so that I can mention that there's something wonderfully precious about what they did for me. They now have a box of Kosher dishes put away in a special tub for anytime I come to visit.


*Correction -- My mother reminds me that I have also been to:
Alabama (where my half-brother grew up)
Georgia (apparently landed there on our way to Alabama)
New Mexico
Missouri (plane layover in St. Louis)

So that's 24 out of 50. Almost halfway there!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home