Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ice Cream For Life

I've been having a hard time adjusting to work the past two weeks. Mostly I guess it has gone perfectly well, but he work load is so difficult. The last time I was working full-time as a teacher I had to quit because of the cancer diagnosis, and to this day I can't help but feel the cancer was linked with working too hard.

So here I am two years after a wake-up call that I could lose everything in a single moment. Yet people still work like they have their entire lives ahead of them to appreciate at some future time. I'm trying to make a good impresson to my new employers as well as stay faithful to what truly needs to be done in an occupation that I love and that brings meaning to my life. And as a result I sometimes feel like I'm working way way way too hard again, and can't slow down unless every one else does too.

Recently I joined a gym because I want to stay healthy and happy and live a long life.

Today I walked to one of Englewood's special features, a Ben & Jerry's place 15 minutes away and enjoyed a cone of double fudge chunk... just in case I don't live a long life. It was worth every minute, every lick, every double fudge chunk.

Hope this wasn't too morbid. I think it's something everyone ought to consider now and then, especially during Elul. I expect I might just write more on it in the future. There is still a lot more left to say.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home