Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, December 05, 2005

Off the codeine now

Well, it's been a full week that I've been super sick. Still home today, but a little better. Yesterday (Sunday) in desperation I called my doctor and asked for a better cough syrup. I had these terrible coughing episodes that just went on and on and on and hurt my throat so much it felt like fire. I was learning to lie very very still on the couch to avoid further coughing. Today, I"m off the medicine and just wondering what it will take for my throat to heal. For one, I'm not talking hardly at all. U. and I have had an ongoing conversation in Charades format. Oh sure, he gets to talk, but I don't want to risk it. Just write things down when I get tired of gestures.

This AM when I called to get another dr. appointment the receptionist asked, "How did you manage to reach the doctor yesterday?"

"I demanded it," I said. "I know how to do that now."

"Good for you," she said.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Girlfriend's getting a tri-state 'tude on! :D

3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home