Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cell. phone missiles

I just received a disturbing email reminding me not to drink and drive because it kills people. I'm supposed to sign my name to it along with thousands of others and pass it on. Instead I deleted it because I know better than to pass on emails too much.

However, here is a reminder... don't drink and drive.

Here's a concern I have every day even more and have been meaning to blog about for awhile. And knowing I have a new audience of blog readers recently I don't know who is going to read this, but I hope it has an impact.

YOU'VE GOT TO STOP DRIVING WHILE USING CELL. PHONES.

People at work keep telling me that that's their only time to make phone calls. Forget that that's an awfully hectic life to live where you're rushing so much you aren't willing to have some alone time in the car. As much as I hate overpolluting, I really value my half hour commute when I can be alone with the radio.

But when you talk with the phone, even with a headset, your attention is not on the road. It just isn't. Listening to the radio is more passive than talking actively on the phone.

And while you might not value your own life and health enough to be concerned about that, your car is a missile hurtling forward at very fast speeds with the potential of smashing into someone.

I don't mean to be condescending, but this is about life and death. I really mean it. Please be careful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home