Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Local Bloggers

Lately I have felt like I'm between friends. Especially after my stint in Vancouver after which I lost contact with some Portland friends, and now that I'm away from Vancouver too, it feels like I do not yet have any local close friendships. But it also feels like I'm out of touch with previous friends.

In connection with all of that it bothers me how much I've been getting my social interaction through the computer lately, blogging with strangers from my "anonymous" site about bigger issues, and watching every day from entries from old friends that I actually once knew. I lose lots of time over the week on here and sometimes wonder if I shouldn't be putting my energy elsewhere. Actually discovered a blog that interested me recently only to find the guy was swearing off writing on the blog any more for awhile because of that very reason.

However, it's interesting that now I'll start connecting with local people through a blog. Partly inspired apparently (and I'm pleased about this) by some comments I made about blogging, the rabbi at my shul has now started Through The Lens Of Torah And Halakha. I've already left two comments and wonder how this will help me get to know this community a little better and maybe let them know me too. Of course now I have the possibility of people in this community finding Brainsite. How will what I write change as a result of a potential new audience?

Stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that having more folks from your 'local' community only encourages your writing and creativity!

8:31 PM

 
Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
I feel like we've really dropped the ball too, connexion-wise. I hope we can fix that at some point. I'm sure much has changed for both of us...G@d willing for the better :)

3:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home