Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, February 23, 2009

Disappointed

This morning I got up extra early to do yoga.

Just as I was about to pull out my mat, ND woke up almost an hour early.

In the end I managed to get just 10 minutes in, with her "helping me" which is great some days but not what I wanted today.

But I wasn't going to let that get me down, because Monday night is my actual yoga class. I haven't been to it in weeks, but today I was totally committed to going.

I planned my whole afternoon and evening around it including triple checking that U. would be home on time to watch ND and eating early etc.

But ND didn't nap and was exhausted, so she flipped out when she saw I was leaving her.

In a rush I got her ready for bed so I could be with her for that. I kept watching the clock. If she fell asleep any later than 6:30, I would have to call of the yoga class. She was out at 6:29.

So I raced to the car and the 20-minute drive to the class. When I got there, there was only one other car in the parking lot. I called the machine to discover that not only tonight was cancelled, but that all evening classes are cancelled from now on.

I can't tell you how let down I felt.

So I came home and did my own thing, using a yoga video, but I can tell you it was not the same. I feel sad and just want to go to bed now.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home