Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, February 09, 2009

Planning or Worrying

It's Tu B'Shvat, the New Year for the trees.

The sap is rising quietly and the sun is starting to actually melt the snow, instead of just make an appearance.

We're over halfway through the schoolyear.

It occurs to me that the first half of the year, while stressful and busy, contains a certain amount of security. The goal is to establish things as well as possible before that Winter Break.

Now we're finishing up, in a certain way. It's a marathon to the end and I already know most of what I'm teaching.

Which means summer is coming too. And around here, many people's summer plans are already set by now.

So I'm feeling a sense of panic...

-over things I wish I could do differently this school year, such as doing a book log that we've only just invented and that I don't feel like starting now, and like having better writing instruction.
-over what to do this summer... trip to Portland? trip with U? both? do my camp as well?

I'm taking a sick morning and just did the restorative Hatha flow on myyogaonline. It did bring me just a little bit back to the present... help me remember to take one day at a time.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home