Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, January 19, 2009

Listening In

It took me two planes yesterday to get from home to my grandmother's airport in Austin, TX. When I got off the second plane I saw I had 3 messages on my cell. phone.

The first was Emarcy calling to say she couldn't get very close to where the action was happening because there were so many people already there on the Capitol Mall, that she was standing close to the Washington Monument.

The second was the sound of Obama speaking from the podium somewhere.

The third was the sound of people -- many people -- singing "This Land Is Your Land."

It was that last call that put me over the top. I was walking in the airport past strangers, and I was suddenly united with them, whether they knew or liked it or not, in wanting to take our country back.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home