Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, February 23, 2009

Teaching Log: Resistance To Change? Or Simplicity?

Our school is working on having a more consistently laid-out curriculum, mainly in literacy. (We already have a math program that we follow pretty closely.)

We keep talking about how hard it is to constantly reinvent the wheel, and that it would be so much better to have a scope and sequence laid out for the year.

For some reason I keep finding myself getting defensive, not wanting to do this.

Is it because I like things to be hard? Because I like to create my lessons myself? Or because I remember my master's program focus on avoiding scripted curricula?

Exploring this is good for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home