Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, July 06, 2009

Boston

Had a short but fun trip to Boston, appropriately during the 4th of July Weekend. We stayed with good friends in Waltham, MA and had a little time on Friday for sight-seeing.

What I really wanted to do was the Boston Duck Tours in an amphibious vehicle. Between poor planning and bad timing, it didn't work out, but I don't mind too much. I also really wanted to walk on the Freedom Trail. We did manage to do quite a bit of that on Friday, although not all of it. I was hoping to visit Paul Revere's house and that there was a lot I didn't know about a lot of the sites until afterwards. (We just read the signs. We didn't take a formal tour.) But it was really cool nonetheless and I'm hoping to come back again another time.

Some of the cool things on the Freedom Trail included seeing some famous graves, including that of Mother Goose! I also liked the Old State House which overlooked the site of the Boston Massacre.


On Sunday we managed to go on the Swan Boats and walked back on a long stretch that included statues of many famous people. I was happy to get some photos of the ONE monument I found the whole trip about women.

I would have liked to do more, but it all felt quite good. Can't do it all in just a weekend, especially with a 4 hour drive each way.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home