Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pay-Off

Tonight was the end of the year big dinner for our school. I'm usually a least a little uncomfortable in fancy things like this, partly because I don't know how to look the look and dress the dress or feel comfortable with the mingling, but every year I look forward to my school's dinner. I feel like I've earned it.

I saw a parent there whose son was in my class this year and whose daughter was in my class 4 years ago when I first came.

Tonight we were eyeing each other's funky medieval-sleeved dresses and she came over and said, "I don't have any more kids that are going to go through your classes, so boundaries issues are over. As soon as the year's done, we're going shopping!"

I can't wait.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

sounds like a nice evening. :)
interesting about the "boundary issues". i'm friends on fb with some of my son's past speech therapists. i won't add his current ones as friends until they are no longer working with him though.

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Alissa said...

Ha! Love it :) Boundaries are good. Shopping buddies are better!

10:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home