Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, July 06, 2009

Lines and Circles

Sometimes time moves as in a line... beginning to end, with a list of destinations along the way. You check off your accomplishments as you go.

Sometimes it moves in a circle. You do the same routine again and again... get up in the morning, do dishes, eat etc.

I tend to favor the line. It feels more productive. I get to start new things. I'm always moving onto something new and exciting both in my personal life and at work.

But then I tend to forget to do things like schedule in time to eat. Yes, I eat, but I don't schedule it. And I don't clean up after myself. And in school, routines I set for the kids fall by the wayside as I introduce new and exciting projects.

One of my major goals both this summer and next school year is to live more in the circle.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home