Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Health, As Of Late

A week ago I was in the midst of the worst day of the worst cold I've had in awhile. I had a nasty one right around Yom Kippur, but part of the problem with that is I worked through some bad days of it. This one started on a Thursday gently, blew up full-blast on a Monday I missed 2 days of work. (I missed Monday already anyway to do some work from home, but then Tuesday and Wednesday I was flattened.) Now, a week later, I have to acknowledge I'm still a little weak. I'm trying to trust the needs of my body.

Why it was good to get sick:

1. I got a ton of work done on anecdotals, making this week's visit from my parents much more relaxing.

2. It made me reconnect with my body, as it always does.

3. I now realize I don't get nearly as sick as often as I think. Yes, I get a sore throat every two weeks or less, but I think it might be something other than "sick". Rather, it's a reminder to slow down.

4. I was inspired to get the H1N1 vaccine which I had been unsure of before. Still not certain how that will play out, and still don't feel comfortable getting it for ND. She's actually stronger than I am in terms of bouncing back from viruses, and I don't trust putting things into her that don't belong there. Two of our doctors have recommended against, one for. 

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

I hope you're completely recovered now!!

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home