Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Community

While it's true I don't actually know what goes on in the lives of my friends and coworkers, it certainly appears as if most people are not able to find time for themselves, and certainly not to enjoy nature or morning or exercise in the ways that I find so important in my life.

But when I do go for a walk before 6 AM and see a person here and there, out with the same intention as me, I feel I have an alternative community. When we smile and say, "good morning" I know we are both thinking that we share a special knowledge that is unique and dear. These total strangers are my friends and help me continue to do what I know is best for myself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home