Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

End of August

 My former writing group invited me back for an August Write-A-Thon. Write something every day. I'm sharing this one here:


End of August

Yesterday I saw an airplane, the kind of airplane I usually would have boarded by now to visit my parents across the country. 

Tonight I went for a walk on my street, the same neighborhood I’ve walked almost every day for the past six months. I heard crickets, the same kind of cricket sounds I usually hear by now when we meet up with my college roommate from out of state and go camping, a camping trip we promised ourselves annually as soon as I moved to the east.

Just now I had a hug, a hug I’m grateful for, from my husband, the only person allotted to giving them to me right now. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home