Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Quiet, please!

I went to work this afternoon for the following reasons:

1. I had a couple of meetings I wanted to get over with rather than reschedule.
2. Pride.
3. I needed to prove to myself that everyone believes I'm sick.
4. Boredom.

In fact, by the time I was done I felt more energetic but my throat felt much worse. I'm not going back tomorrow or Friday. (And everyone's hoping for snow on Friday anyway.)

Depending on who asked me why I was there I said,

1. Because I had a meeting and wanted to just try coming and seeing how well I did.
2. Because I couldn't stand hearing my inner voices anymore.

My kids were very happy to see me and gave me a get well card that made me want to cry.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I get older, I realize I need to actually stay home when I'm sick or I'll get worse. I also find that if I feel OK at home but go into the office I end up feeling worse. Perhaps it's the canned air in my office building, or some psychosomatic thing, but I regret going in nonetheless.

1:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home