Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And I Lived Happily Ever After


So I'm really happy that Tisha B'Av is over. I did a good job being sad during it and I was pleased the way that in the afternoon the mood started to lift. I was pretty machmir this year and really didn't listen to music at all during the three weeks, so I'm enjoying listening to lots of music like, right now, Losing My Religion. (Raise your hand if you remember that video. Raise it again if you can explain it.)

I love REM.

Anyway, I didn't do great with the fast and ended up drinking some water around 2. When I asked my rabbi before the fast about nursing moms, he said to ask a doctor's opinion. My midwife (who is also frum) was the one who gave me the advice to drink after noon if I needed it. I tried to prove to the world that I didn't need to, but quickly caught on to my own little game and stopped it before I hurt me or ND by denying myself the water.

In any case, remember when I wrote about that valuable Snow White book I lost? I found another copy online for about $12.00 I ordered it but was basically holding my breath before saying anything about it here. It arrived yesterday and IS the same book, but unfortunately missing the beautiful cover. I really can't complain.

I wonder why that other copy is so valuable.

In fact, and this is embarassing, as I searched just now for the image to attach to this blog, I found a bunch of copies even cheaper. Someone's meddling with my mind.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home