Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, July 09, 2007

Standing Ovation



Last night I was working on transfering ND videos from the camera to the computer so that U. can help me edit them together into DVDs for family. I haven't had a chance to do this since I went back to work, so it was utterly amazing to me to see how much she's changed since February. She's the same person, but so much more so. I was so excited in the old videos to hear her making sounds at all. Now she moves her mouth much more like a kid and sounds like she's talking even though she's not saying anything yet.

ND was also getting a kick for awhile out of watching the videos with me. But eventually she got bored, so I let her play in the crib behind me.

As if to drive home the above point as much as possible, she reached for the sides of the crib and pulled herself up to standing. This is the second time. The first was on Friday, exactly her seven-month birthday. But then her arm kept slipping through the slats. Now she picked herself up smoothly. She was so proud she was yelling to all the world as loud as she could, her eyes sparkling. She even jumped up and down a little making her fall down on her tush and have to try all over again.

(She's trying again right now, but is having trouble. Needs to practice today, I guess.)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AMJ said...

Arwen, I know I have not commented in a while but I am reading! ND is just so cute! I love seeing her photos, thanks for sharing!

9:39 AM

 
Blogger Allie said...

She's getting so big! And cuter every day!

5:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home