Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Priorities

During the school year, Saturday night is the main (and usually only) time I get any writing done.

Now that I'm trying to write each day, I figure it's OK to have Saturday night off.

As a result, tonight I feel really relaxed. Most nights I feel I have to crunch to get something done before I go to bed and, more importantly, before ND cries and when it is therefore most practical just to go to bed with her rather than nurse and then get up again.

Am I pushing myself too hard? I'm so excited about the Meditation class that I'd rather spend time on that, making a website for it, for example. That's still helping one of my careers.

I'm also excited about some activism I'm doing. Isn't it OK to focus on that instead?

Or is this the anti-writing yetzer hara rearing its ugly head. I'm thinking about famous writers who did all of their writing at night when their day job and children were asleep. Am I like one of them, or do I have more pressing things to attend to first?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home