Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, March 02, 2009

Another Snow Day!

They announced it last night, even before the snow had started to fall. By morning they were justified.

It couldn't have been better timing. I was feeling like I was coming down with something, and my friend, Joel, from Oberlin and then later from Vancouver was staying the night on his way to a conference in Connecticut. The plan was that I'd get to talk to him for a few hours that evening, but that would be all the visiting time. Instead, we had all morning.

I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming summer and figuring out how to deal with the unstructured (and unpaid) time and how to be okay with it instead of becoming depressed or anxious. It's not hard on a snow day to just melt into the moment. Harder when the sun is out.

I'll just have to make a lot of plans!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home