Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Manners

Lately ND has been experimenting with rudeness. I've even seen her rehearsing in the mirror how to tell others to keep away from her and things like that. I wonder how much is developmental and how much is from her peers at school.

In any case, when she's mad at me she often says, "I not your friend!" The other day she was saying it to me again and again in the car ride home. I'm not sure if she was mad or just having fun testing her limits.

I said, "I'm not even going to listen to you right now if you're not going to speak to me nicely."

She didn't care, continuing with "I not your friend" for awhile until it began to bother her that I wasn't responding.

So to be nice, she said, "I not your friend... please."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

she is so cute!!! where are we when she is saying such funny comments.
i understand about the rudeness factor. at least she hasn't "hissed" at you yet. :)

11:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home