Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, January 03, 2010

3 Days, 2 Big Accomplishments

I was so burnt out last week I could barely wait for the weekend. I imagined it would be a nice leisure time after working so hard lately on anecdotals and various volunteer things for shul. 

It wasn't exactly, but it was highly productive. It's blustery and freezing cold outside so we barely ventured out at all for 3 days. But in that time, besides accomplishing many small tasks around the house, I (1) basically finished anecdotals. I say basically because I'm still waiting for some from my assistant which I have to read through. But I finished with my piles of stuff and reclaimed my office again. 

Then (2) we got ND potty-trained! It really wasn't a big deal. We told her it was coming and on Friday put her in underwear. So far we've been really successful. I had tried once before with disaster, but that was last summer and I guess she wasn't ready. This was easygoing and fine. We still have to see how well she does with it in school, but I feel confident about sending her tomorrow.

In addition, U. and ND went out and got 3 new fish for our aquarium. I guess I should take a picture as I haven't written about it at all. Later.

Now we're going to watch a movie...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

It's amazing to me how "easily" kids potty train when they are ready. I've heard from so many friends that once their kids seemed to be ready to do it, they did it. Not always perfectly, of course, but with definitely less accidents.

I'm now at the point where I firmly believe if parents and kid are having a tough time with the potty training, then the kids just aren't ready. And if worse comes to worse, when it comes time for nursery school, and they're the only ones left in a diaper, you can be darn sure they'll want to train asap :)

Yay ND!!

2:38 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Mazel tov to ND on becoming potty trained and to you on sticking with it! Enjoy your diaper-free lifestyle! :)

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home