Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Purim 2010 ended (at least until after Costume Day/100th Day of School/Shushan Purim tomorrow)


A weird Photo Booth picture of my little elephant up here. (She didn't want to wear the trunk.)

Not all that much more to tell. I'm so proud and satisfied after hosting my first Purim seudah. We had just 2 guests, one a rabbi from back when I was a teenager who is currently living in Long Island, and a single person from our shul. I knew instinctively I should have them both without having any idea that it would turn out that already now each other!

The seudah was fun and felt Purim-esque even though I didn't have much planned. The Rabbi friend came 3 hours early and we cooked Indian food together.

The weirdest part came in the middle. We were buried in about 20 inches of snow last Thursday. Our front door has a slanting roof hanging over it and now and then slabs of snow have slid down and crashed over it. Someone came to our house to deliver mishloach manot from the shul. I saw from the window something was wrong... she was eyeing the house trying to figure out if we were home, and how to get up the steps given the enormous pile of snow there. I opened the door and we stretched our arms over the pile, her handing the basket to me. 

"Don't get any closer," I warned as I looked up at the ice above me. "It looks like the rest will slide off any minute. 

Sure enough, no sooner had she gotten back into her car but the rest came crashing down.

Really cool!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home