Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Where The Hell Is Matt? revisited

I first saw it in 2006... the cute little Where The Hell Is Matt? video that made me want to travel the world and (made me proud that he was from the Pacific Northwest).

Now there's the 2012 version.  This video so profoundly moves me. Added to the beauty of seeing the world and the fun of dancing is the synchronocity of large groups of strangers and the realization of just where these people are. The clip from Syria with women whose faces had to be censored out of the video as they dance in secret, of places like New Orleans and Port-Au-Prince that have suffered from natural disasters, and places whose like Belgrade and Iraq whose names I associate with war instead of music.

So inspiring. And fun.

Thanks, Matt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home