Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Action #16: No on Scott Pruitt

Got a text asking me to call my senator to ask him to oppose Scott Pruitt. The text included a phone number to call my senator right away.

I did. The aide said my senator has already released a statement saying he would vote against him, so I asked if I could talk to him a minute:

Me: I've been very diligent about making these calls, but I know that my senator and I are on the same side. Is this helpful that I'm calling?

Staffer: Yes, but it might be even more helpful if you called Pennsylvania.

Me: But am I allowed to do that? I thought I was just supposed to call in my own state.

Staffer: I get calls all day and I hear from all over the country.

So there you have it... it's not unheard of to call out of state, even if they won't listen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home