Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fridge Poem #7: When It Hits

Fastest Fridge Poem yet. I did this in about 2 minutes. No insertions or deletions except that I added on the title. Interpretation is below.

When It Hits

Kitten may best
crawl home
feed ghost.
Steam never
above cloud.






(I'll start my interpretation down here so it doesn't cloud your judgment. I have been thinking a lot about what to do when unwanted moods come -- for different people it's different things -- mild depression, self-doubt, anger, self-pity or what-have-you. This poem is advice for those times when you are as weak as a kitten against that part of yourself. Go home and feed ghost. Live with it. "Steam never above cloud" means it won't get out of control. There are limits to these things.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home