Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, July 22, 2005

Empty Apartment

You'd think it would be tough to be in an empty, bare apartment that I've enjoyed, but...

When I first came to Vancouver I was hoping to stay for a number of years, but knew I might have to pick up and go again in a year. Sure enough, that's what happened. So when I first came into this place I really looked around and said to myself,

"This is what the apartment looks like empty. It will look this way again when I leave."

It's made a big difference. I'm spending such a small percentage of time on sadness over leaving, and investing all my energy into getting a look at the empty inside of my new apartment in Englewood.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home