Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, July 11, 2005

Successful Day

This morning was so dreary, I was quite certain that most of the things that happened to day would go poorly.

I was very wrong. I won't go into just how many things went right, but I got a LOT of stuff done today, pretty much all out of the apartment, so not much packing time.

I just have to say that one of the best parts was dealing with the rest of my books at this great store my friend told me about, Characters. I had already taken quite a few books to another used bookstore, but this one took a bunch that had been previously rejected, and also agreed to donate the ones they wouldn't buy from me. (So I wouldn't have to schlep them now!) They give credit only, instead of money. So I used it on audio books for the trip and a few CDs. Much lighter than buying new books. And hopefully I can trade them later for new audio books with Ashgrove. (Yes, that's a plug, as I'm friends with one of Ashgrove's family members and now he'll probably read this blog entry. Am I right?)

Finally at the end of the day I decided to use up a Chapters gift certificate my husband gave me for my birthday. It only took me AN HOUR AND A HALF to decide what I wanted. (I kept imagining him saying, "Just PICK something." But he knows me well enough already to not be surprised.) I got yet another book tape for the road, and a new set of a magnetic poetry. The "Genius" addition that has really big words. I want to improve my vocab., so this will be fun. Can't wait to break it open in New Jersey. I'll just have to find my dictionary first to help me find out what everything means.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home