Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

P.O. Boxing

Before I say anything else I just need to make a plug here. The storage locker where we have been keeping our stuff this year is a fantastic place. There is a guy named Ron there who is so incredibly nice and helpful. He helped me box up some of my very difficult possessions and is just a really kindhearted guy. So if you ever need moving help or storage, use Reay's.

I cleaned the storage locker up today to make sure it is ready for the movers who come on Wednesday. I also hauled out a whole bunch of boxes of books. I've learned that it's cheaper to mail them in the U.S. via "media mail" than to have movers move them. So down to Point Robert's I went. Got there late and only had time to send 6 boxes before the post office closed, so I'll need to drive down again another day, probably Thursday when I'm not thinking about movers anymore.

Anyway, even with the slight lack of success in completing the job, I felt really good about having accomplished at least part of something that I had been worrying about. So I went down to the beach and just sat and listened to the water. It is a rocky beach, not sandy. So when the water pulls away after a wave, the rocks tumble together and sound like a deep wind chime.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home