Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, July 08, 2005

Strength or Weakness

I've gotten this idea in my head that holding onto "things" is a weakness, somehow not P.C., somehow materialistic and wrong. As a result, I almost gave up a possession of mine that means a lot to me. I finally listened to my heart and decided to keep it. I did not decide out of weakness. I decided from a determination that it represents important things to me. I still feel like I have to defend myself for choosing to keep it but, at least for now, it's the right thing for me to do, even if the thing is big and might cause us to be cramped in our new place. (I think my husband understands. If I'm really taking up too much space with it, I'll just have to find away to get rid of some more OTHER stuff somehow.)

I'm now off to the storage locker to figure out how to package it up safely for the move.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home