Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Saying Hello to Saying Goodbye

Weird Shabbos. The goodbyes are beginning now. I did a bunch when the schoolyear ended, but today I suddenly realized with a few people that I would not be seeing them again here in Vancouver anytime soon. They are leaving on a roadtrip and will not return until I'm gone.

And I'm noticing the people I wish I'd spent more time with, which is pretty much anyone I like. And still, if I were BETTER friends with them, it would be even harder to leave.

During the week I get my momentum up for the move, just focus on the STUFF to be sold and done.

Then when I can only be with people, and not work on anything, I think about the things that are hard to leave, like them.

And I still haven't made it up Grouse Mountain. Doubting I ever will.

And oddly, one of my very favorite places in Vancouver to visit -- Van Dusen Gardens -- I haven't made it to in over a month, and only slightly regret it. These are all symptoms of leaving.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home