Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Storage Crazy

My husband and I spent 6 hours at the storage locker today sorting through stuff. We finished the job pretty much of sorting, but now I have a lot of work ahead of me of giving away, selling or disposing of other stuff. (He will be away, and 75% of the stuff is MINE anyway. The rest is almost all OURS. He's a minimalist. I'm a packrat.) I'm quite pleased with myself that I've gathered about 5 or more boxes of books to send to new homes. Some of the things I'm parting with are heart wrenching -- so much so I don't even want to write about it. Some of the things I'm holding onto, I just know I'll change my mind later. But I've done a pretty good job of reducing the load. Now if we can just get some money for it all.

Incidentally, I was browsing through my other recent blog entries and noticed I haven't said much more about school. The truth is, there isn't much more to say. This year's teaching is very much behind me now as I plough forward. On the other hand, I had such a good time going through my education books that have all been in storage. (Have I mentioned that most of what we own has been in storage during this transitional year?) I can't wait to get my hands on them and actually read them! (Some for the first time. Some to revisit.) Knowing that a school hired me long-distance has so encouraged me to see myself as an established teacher that I just really look forward to growing some more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home