Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Oi, Copper!

I got a little stroke to my ego today.

My assistant (who is becoming a very good and fun friend more and more every day) told me that when she was driving one of our colleagues to work this morning they got into a conversation about the word "cop." They were wondering the derivation of the word and the colleague said, " I bet that's something A. would know." (Referring to me.)

I was impressed that she would think I would know something obscure like that and even more impressed with the fact that I actually do know. I believe cops got their names because British police used to wear copper helmets.

Let me know if I'm wrong on that.

Either way, I love having a reputation for knowing stuff like that. Oh yeah, another colleague and friend has a daughter in my class. The colleague said to me one day that every day she learns all kinds of new and weird trivia about me from the daughter.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Evenewra said...

What do you want to bet there is some way to play "Trivial Pursuit" online somewhere?

5:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home