Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, August 27, 2007

Silver Maybe?

If there was an olympic competition for unique breastfeeding situations, I would want to enter it. I know I wouldn't have a chance at the gold. That's for people with multiple children nursing. I thought I had a shot at it when we were camping and I managed to nurse ND while we were both in our life jackets. But today was even more impressive. I had an acupuncture appointment. I've never done that before and, because it was kind of a last minute thing, could not leave ND anywhere. She was fine for about 3 minutes and then started to desperately need me. The office staff tried to take her to another area so I could finish, although I knew it would never work, no matter how much I told them. I tried to just lie their quietly and be okay with her crying.

Finally, though, they brought her back to me and the poor thing kept reaching for me even though I was lying facedown and covered with little needles. I finally asked them to lie her on the table next to me and I managed to scootch over a little and nurse with her. She whimpered sadly for awhile and even tried to talk and tell me how sad she'd been and how much she missed me, but mostly she just gulped away. It was very sweet. I couldn't help but feel proud that only I could give her what she wanted, and that I could even under those awkward circumstances.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home