Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Camping Trip 2007



Sorry I've been so on-hiatus-ish. Although I guess you're thinking... "Phew! Less blog to read!" (I, for one, admit to almost never reading blogs these days. I place priorities on those belonging to friends.)

Last week Wednesday through Thursday, ND and I went camping with Emarcy again like last year. Same place, but now with the baby OUTSIDE the belly.

In that post from last year, alissa asked if the future baby would sit quietly while I meditated. Well, we didn't try that. Sitting on precarious rocks is probably not the best place to experiment with letting go of baby. But we did sit together in the morning and look at the ducks.

It felt more rushed this year because everything takes more time with a baby, but I think the trip overall was even better than last year. We didn't go on any big hikes so I didn't end up napping to get rid of a headache. Instead we spent all of Thursday at the lake. First we canoed, than sat in the water on the beach. Emarcy and I took turns swimming a little too. She swam a lot actually. She loves swimming. I swam a little (yes, while wearing all those clothes with the swimsuit underneath... modesty...). My only regret about the trip was that I didn't swim more, and the reason for that is that I got worried about leaving ND with Emarcy. Don't know what I was worried about. That they'd get bored without me? They were clearly having plenty of fun just sitting on a beach blanket together, but what are you going to do?



Also, it didn't rain. What a difference it makes when it doesn't rain. (Look at the last photo on that post.
rain.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home