Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Remission Results


Well, yesterday was my remission anniversary. Naturally I'm home today with a cold and with worried memories of what it means to have a weak immune system. That's the "ongoing life" side of things.

However, we did do our event on Monday. (Click above on "remission day" to see what I'm talking about.)

The cases of products that I mentioned were bought were shipped directly to those people who purchased them. At shul we sold:

4 bottles of glass cleaner
7 bottles of all-purpose cleaner
18 bottles of laundry detergent

That's really not bad, I have to say. I'm a little disappointed that no one really dropped off their "hazardous" cleaning materials. (See our Mr. Yuk box in the photo above.) Well, not no one. My partner in this venture and I both did. And I did really feel a powerful surge of mother instinct as I took that bleach and Comet away from this home in which U and I are raising our daughter. It's just frightening to know how little control I have over all of those products at her daycare, schools etc. for years to come. Once we get recycling established in the school in which I work, I'll go after that dragon for the sake of the families who attend there.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home