Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Monday, July 07, 2008

Summertime

So this is my second and a half week into the summer.

I've been SO busy as shown by how I let over a week pass without posting on here. (That's my goal... posting once a week.)

I'm teaching a meditation class on Tuesday nights. I'm tutoring a child Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday afternoon is set aside for some curriculum meetings with my second grade team. Thursday is set aside to play music with a friend (me on flute, her on cello)...

And Monday-Friday, 8:30-1:30 I'm hosting and teaching a backyard camp from my house for six whole weeks.

Here's the idea... a summer with ND, but with structure so that I'm not anxious and bored during the day and I have fun stuff available to her. Meanwhile, I have 6-7 other kids per day and of course am getting paid for all of this.

Last week was the first week. It was fun but utterly exhausting and I'm wondering if I took on too much.

I have two assistants... one for 5 hours a day and one for just 3. I think I need to learn to hand over more to them so I can get some things done inside the house even for just 30-45 minutes during the day. Right now I don't feel able to because I'm very worried (typical Me Demons) about providing good enough quality teaching etc. On the other hand, I'm not making THAT much money, and the assistants are really doing a pretty good job.

In any case, it's a non-issue today because ND was so sick this weekend I closed the camp today (with much further self-deprecating worry about whether or not it was the right thing). Another day to take a breath, take stock, care for ND one-on-one and try to relax a little.

I don't remember how I spent last summer, but as I recall, I was not really all that bored even though I wasn't working...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home