Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Friday, June 04, 2010

Poetic Challah

I wrote in another post that I can never get challah right. I've been working at it hard for the past few weeks because I was doing it in the merit of a woman I knew who was very ill. (40 women making challah for someone is a segulah... I still don't know what that means exactly but think of it as a powerful prayer.)

Yesterday I made the most beautiful perfect loaves I think I've ever made. The braiding is uneven, but they're golden and rose beautifully. I used a ton of yeast. 

Learned this morning that Chaya Rochel bat Shayna Rivka passed away yesterday.

I knew it was coming, but I'm so sad. Will eat the challah with her in mind.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home