Many thoughts about identity, Judaism, teaching, meditation, travel, parenting and more

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10 Years In Remission

10 years ago today I was in my oncologist's office.

"It all looks good," he says. "Chemo is over, the tumor has shrunk. We just have to do the radiation for good measure."

"That's good," I answered, but had a question. "When exactly do we start talking about me being 'in remission?'"

He stared at me blankly for a moment, taking in how little I knew about this and choosing to forgive my ignorance.

"Now," he said. "Arwen, that's now."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger aimee said...

Congrats on your big milestone! May G-d grant you many more years Arwen!
Blessings,
Aimee

3:13 PM

 
Anonymous Karin said...

So glad for you. Happy anniversary!

4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home